Internship Coverage Banking New Energies
At a glance
The New Energies department, one of ABN AMRO’s Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) client coverage teams, offers a dynamic, challenging and international environment. We focus on the Energy & Basic Materials (Metals, Minerals and Chemicals) sectors in Europe, and together with the Bank’s product teams, we offer suitable products and services to our clients in these sectors. As these markets are dynamic and rapidly evolving, there is a clear need for an up-to-date overview of market developments and players in these sectors. As an intern you will research these sectors across the whole value chain and provide assistance to the coverage team in discussions with (potential) clients and the origination of client business.
Within the New Energies department:
- You will monitor and analyze relevant trends in various Energy Transition topics and updates internal and external materials accordingly
- You will assist the Coverage Bankers in creating materials such as case studies, market analyses and pitchbooks for prospects and clients across the Energy and Basic Materials value chain
- You will assist the Coverage Bankers with Sustainability reviews and other internal projects
- You will be given the opportunity to participate in prospect and client calls and design solutions for (potential) clients seeking financial products across Mergers & Acquisitions, Debt and Equity Capital Markets, amongst others.
Your working environment
ABN AMRO’s Corporate & Institutional Banking is active in sectors where we have proven expertise, relevant products and a strong market position. You will come to work in a team at our Amsterdam headquarters, but will also work with colleagues in Norway, UK, Germany and Begium. Our clients range from large established corporate companies and private equity firms to smaller companies and we offer a range of products including lending, advisory and financial markets products. Within the Energy sector, our focus is transitioning from oil & gas to renewables and newer disruptive technologies that will drive the decarbonization of the economy. These technologies are rapidly developing and significant amount of investments in new projects using these technologies are being considered. This is a dynamic “cutting edge” environment where there are many interesting projects to work on and learn from.
Are you analytical and good with numbers? Do you have a strong business sense and well developed social skills? We are looking for an intern with strong analytical and numerical skills, affinity with finance and an interest in the Energy and Basic Materials sectors. You are a(n) (ex-)student with the ambition to gain significant experience in a banking environment. Although your daily activities will be internally focused, a commercial mind-set is essential. Close attention to detail is required, whilst retaining an oversight of the bigger picture.
- You’re in the final year of obtaining your Master degree (or you’re a recent Master graduate), preferably in finance, business economics or technical background
- You are fluent in English and Dutch (spoken & written).
- You have good commercial, analytical and writing skills. You can prepare well-structured and well-presented written materials in English
- You have an intellectual curiosity and an eagerness to learn
- You must live in the Netherlands and, when necessary, your residence permit is valid until at least the end of your internship
- You are experienced in working with Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word
- You enjoy working in a team, are a team player and have well developed social skills
- You are available for at least a 4 month internship (extension possible)
What we offer
An internship with ABN AMRO offers a chance to show your skills and talents in a professional and corporate environment. We invest extensively in training and personal development of young talent and typically recruit to our trainee programs from applicants who have completed an internship with us. Additionally, an internship at ABN AMRO offers an excellent opportunity to gain work experience, get to know our working culture and to expand your network. On top of that you will receive attractive and “above market” compensation.
If you are interested in this internship, please apply via the button below. We are recruiting for 1H2024. Upload your resume and cover letter, indicating the period you are available for an internship. For more information you can contact Harrald Laboyrie (email@example.com).